A Panini Peek World Premiere: 2010 National Treasures Football
With most Panini Peek segments, I try to deliver some flowery introductory prose to describe the product images you are about to see for the first time. But as we all know, National Treasures Football is a product that needs no introduction.
Besides, it’s tough to find the right words to describe a product that so often leaves you speechless.
Simply, National Treasures is the most anticipated football product of the season every season; a scintillating super-premium thrill ride that is as elegant and as extravagant and, as, well, exquisite as any product on the market.
But the 2010 edition — due out March 2, 2011 — looks to be a game-changing bar-raiser that manages to do the unthinkable by exceeding its own ridiculously high expectations.
Each $400 pack of 2010 National Treasures features eight cards, including six autograph or memorabilia cards (with at least three autographs guaranteed).
“National Treasures delivers the most value that you will get in a football product in 2010,” says Panini America Football Brand Manager Carlos Torrez. “We have a saying in the office when we see something that’s sweeter than we ever could have ever imagined. We say ‘It’s nectar.’ National Treasures absolutely is nectar.”
Nectar for any number of reasons, but especially . . .
- The game’s most coveted Rookie Cards that feature on-card autographs and jumbo prime-piece patches
- The Pen Pals insert that features multiple on-card autographs, including five Octographs that include eight autographs per card
- The breathtaking game-worn NFL Shield and game-worn NFL Brand Logo combos
- The ultra rare Souvenir Cuts memorabilia cards honoring national treasures in their own right such as Ernie Davis, Walter Payton, Jim Thorpe and Doak Walker
- The Ring of Honors Signatures insert that includes players from all 44 Super Bowls
Indeed, there’s a word to describe 2010 National Treasure. It’s the same word you’ll use to describe the gems below: Wow!