And the Nominees Are . . . Voting Begins for the Week 3 Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week
Want to know who gets more excited than Panini America and NFL collectors about NFL Rookie performances each week during the season? Pepsi with its NFL Rookie of the Week initiative. So it comes as no surprise after months of behind-the-scenes work that Panini America and Pepsi would come together to help promote Pepsi Rookie of the Week voting and Panini America NFL Rookie trading cards.
The payoff for collectors and NFL fans everywhere are some pretty sweet virtual cards that will be highlighted on NFL.com each week in a special Pepsi Rookie of the Week gallery, across social media platforms and the NFL.com rookies voting page. Each week Panini will feature the five Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominees in a different Panini football card design – stay tuned to the Knights Lance, our Panini America Facebook page and hobby shops to find out about new Panini designs and what weeks they will be incorporated into Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominees during the NFL regular season.
Now for the fun stuff . . .
Vote for the NFL Pepsi Rookie of the Week each week during the NFL regular season. Then share the image of the Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominee you voted for on your Facebook page. In addition, post the image on the Panini America Facebook page (after you “like” us if you haven’t already) or simply comment with the nominee you voted for. On Twitter, use the hashtag #PepsiROW and mention @PaniniAmerica to Tweet out the card image of the rookie you voted for. For doing those things, you’ll be eligible to win prizes throughout the season. Oh, and there just might be a special payoff at the end of the season.
Now for your Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week nominees for Week 3:
- Dallas Cowboys K DAN BAILEY connected on all six of his field goal attempts, including a 40-yarder with 1:57 left in the game that clinched an 18-16 win over the Washington Redskins.
- Atlanta Falcons WR JULIO JONES had six catches for 115 yards in the Falcons’ 16-13 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Carolina Panthers QB CAM NEWTON completed 18 of 34 passes for 158 yards and a touchdown, and rushed seven times for 27 yards in the Panthers’ 16-10 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Baltimore Ravens WR TORREY SMITH had five catches for 152 yards and three touchdowns in the Ravens’ 37-7 win over the St. Louis Rams. He is the first rookie in NFL history to record three touchdowns in the first quarter of a game.
- Oakland Raiders OG STEFAN WISNIEWSKI helped the Oakland offense line clear the way for 234 yards on the ground while allowing only one sack total to a potent pass rush in the Raiders 34-24 win over the New York Jets. His lead block on a touchdown run early in the fourth quarter helped give Oakland a commanding two-score lead.