And the Nominees Are . . . Voting Begins for the Week 14 Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week
Want to know who gets more excited than Panini America and NFL collectors about NFL Rookie performances each week during the season? Pepsi with its NFL Rookie of the Week initiative. So it comes as no surprise after months of behind-the-scenes work that Panini America and Pepsi would come together to help promote Pepsi Rookie of the Week voting and Panini America NFL Rookie trading cards.
The payoff for collectors and NFL fans everywhere are some pretty sweet virtual cards that will be highlighted on NFL.com each week in a special Pepsi Rookie of the Week gallery, across social media platforms and the NFL.com rookies voting page. Each week Panini will feature the fivePepsi Rookie of the Week Nominees in a different Panini football card design – stay tuned to the Knights Lance, our Panini America Facebook page and hobby shops to find out about new Panini designs and what weeks they will be incorporated into Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominees during the NFL regular season.
Now for the fun stuff . . .
Vote for the NFL Pepsi Rookie of the Week each week during the NFL regular season. Then share the image of the Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominee you voted for on your Facebook page. In addition, post the image on the Panini America Facebook page (after you “like” us if you haven’t already) or simply comment with the nominee you voted for. On Twitter, use the hashtag#PepsiROW and mention @PaniniAmerica to Tweet out the card image of the rookie you voted for. For doing those things, you’ll be eligible to win prizes throughout the season. Oh, and there just might be a special payoff at the end of the season.
Now for your Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week nominees for Week 14:
- Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Doug Baldwin – who went undrafted in April – blocked a punt that resulted in a touchdown, and then scored a touchdown of his own on a 29-yard reception, in the Seahawks’ 30-13 victory over the St. Louis Rams. Baldwin finished the game with seven receptions for 93 yards.
- Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones caught three passes for 104 yards and two scores in the Falcons’ 31-23 victory over the Carolina Panthers. His second touchdown reception with 4:17 left in the fourth quarter proved to be the game-winner.
- Tennessee Titans quarterback Jake Locker converted 13 of 29 pass attempts for 282 yards and a score in under three quarters of play in the Titans’ 22-17 loss to the New Orleans Saints. Locker also added 36 yards and a touchdown on six rushing attempts.
- Houston Texans quarterback T.J. Yates completed 26 of 44 passes for 300 yards, two touchdowns and an interception in the Texans’ 20-19 win over the Cincinnati Bengals. Yates also added five carries for 36 rushing yards, and threw for the game-winning touchdown with just two seconds remaining in the game.
- Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young hauled in four passes for 87 yards and a touchdown in the Lions’ 34-28 win over the Minnesota Vikings.