Panini Peek: 2012 Rookies & Stars Football
So much has changed in the collectibles hobby since the Rookies & Stars brand first burst onto the football landscape way back in 1998. To be sure, the product has undergone many changes, upgrades, modifications and revisions in that time.
But as Panini America officials ready the 15th-anniversary edition to launch in mid-August, know this: 2012 Rookies & Stars Football is ready to perform like the polished, battle-tested veteran that it is, with a rousing mix of, well, rookies and stars, and a vast array of collectibility.
Each 24-pack box of 2012 Rookies & Stars Football will deliver four autograph or memorabilia cards, 24 Rookie Cards, seven True Blue parallels, four Greatest Hits, three Statistical Standouts, two additional inserts and one Longevity parallel. Also highlighting the product? The flag-waving return of die-cut Team (two per box) and Player (one per box) Pennants sure to be well-received by collectors who remember their presence in Playoff-branded products of years gone by.
Other product highlights include:
- Rookie Material Signatures: Highlighting the 35 rookies who participated in this weekend’s 2012 NFLPA Rookie Premiere, these cards will feature oversized swatches of event-worn jerseys and autographs, with prime versions numbered to as low as 49.
- Rookie Premiere Slide Show Signatures: The NFL’s hottest new talent will make a photographic splash with these rare cards that include an autographed film slide; numbered to 50 or less.
- Prime Cuts Materials Jumbo: Featuring an oversized prime piece of game-worn jersey, this insert honors the NFL’s marquee players on cards numbered to 25 or less.
- Department of Defense Materials: The game’s hardest-hitting players are often overlooked in the hobby, but they get their due in this game-worn memorabilia insert that includes prime versions numbered to 49 or less.
- Rookie Crusade Materials: This venerable insert captures the 35 young stars from the 2012 NFLPA Rookie Premiere on a variety of color-coded parallels, including an autograph version numbered to 49 or less.
We’ll have more details on 2012 Rookies & Stars Football right here on The Knight’s Lance as the release draws closer. Until then, enjoy your first extended sneak peek at the product below.