Breaking News: Panini America is Bringing Momentum Back to the Gridiron (Preview)
The “Momentum” product name hasn’t been a viable part of the collecting lexicon since the start of the millennium. But that will change in a monumental way in late July when Panini America releases 2012 Momentum Football, a revered name from the pigskin past that has been completely revitalized for a new generation.
2012 Momentum Football will deliver 10 three-card packs per box and each pack will include one autograph or memorabilia card; each box will yield one Momentum Rookie Signatures RPS Rookie Card, three to four rookie autographs and five to six memorabilia cards.
Returning right along with the Momentum brand will be the popular Studs insert highlighting noted earring-wearing superstars on cards embedded with real diamonds.
As you take some time to let these developments sink in, here are some of Momentum’s myriad highlights:
- Each Momentum Rookie Signatures RPS RC will include three pieces of player-worn memorabilia and an autograph.
- Souvenir Signatures: Certified autographs of current and historic stars fill this insert that is tailor-made for autograph seekers.
- Head of the Class Materials: Includes player-worn memorabilia of the brightest superstars from this year’s draft. Also look for Head of the Class Combos, Triples and Quads.
- Double Feature Materials: Teaming up two mainstays of the current or past generations. Also look for combos in Double Prime, Triple and Triple Prime variations.
- Momentum Materials: Seamlessly melding the heroes of the past with the stars of today, these game-worn memorabilia cards will stand the test of time.
- Also look for Rookie Team Threads Quad Materials Signatures and Black, Blue, Yellow and Red 1/1 Base Set Printing Plate parallels.
Stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for additional details on the rousing return of Momentum. Until then, though, treat yourself to the following sneak peek: