Panini America Partners with Pepsi Max for 2012 NFL Rookie of the Week Promotion
Want to know who gets more excited than Panini America and NFL collectors about NFL Rookie performances each week during the season? Pepsi Max with its NFL Rookie of the Week initiative. So it comes as no surprise that once again this season — for the second straight year — Panini America and Pepsi would join forces to help promote Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week voting and Panini America NFL Rookie trading cards.
The payoff for collectors and NFL fans everywhere will be some sweet virtual cards that will be highlighted on the NFL Facebook page each week in a special Pepsi Rookie of the Week gallery, across social media platforms and NFL.com. Each week during the 2012 NFL season, Panini America will feature the five Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week Nominees in a different Panini America football card design. (Stay tuned to The Knights Lance, the Panini America Facebook page and the Panini America Twitter account to find out about new Panini America designs and what weeks they will be incorporated into the Pepsi Rookie of the Week promotion.
Now for the fun stuff!
Vote for the NFL Pepsi Rookie of the Week each week during the NFL regular season. Then share the image of the Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominee you voted for on your Facebook page, on the Panini America Facebook page and on Twitter. Be sure to use the #PepsiROW hashtag and mention @PaniniAmerica to be eligible to win prizes throughout the season.
We’ll have more details as the season progresses. But for now, here are your Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week 1 Nominees:
- Washington Redskins QB Robert Griffin III completed 19 of 26 passes for 320 yards and two touchdowns, finishing his regular season debut with a 139.9 passer rating. He added 42 yards rushing on 10 carries as the Redskins topped the New Orleans Saints 40-32.
- New York Jets WR Stephen Hill caught five receptions for 89 yards along with pulling in two touchdowns in the Jets’ 48-28 win over the Buffalo Bills.
- New England Patriots DE Chandler Jones recorded five tackles, one sack and one forced fumble in the Patriots’ 34-13 defeat over the Tennessee Titans.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Doug Martin gained 95 yards on 24 carries in the Buccaneers’ 16-10 win over the Carolina Panthers.
- Minnesota Vikings K Blair Walsh was four-for-four on field goals including a 55-yard kick to send the game into overtime. He followed with a 39-yard field goal in overtime to defeat the Jacksonville Jaguars, 26-23.