Panini Peek: 2012 Limited Football
While most folks around the country will be hitting malls and big-box retailers the day after Christmas this year, astute football collectors will be heading to their local hobby shops — the only place to get 2012 Limited Football when it releases December 26.
The higher-end collecting staple returns in force this winter with a few design twists for its trademark Material Phenoms on-card-autographed Rookie Cards, the introduction of several new inserts and sequential numbering to 399 or less on every card in the product.
2012 Limited Football will include 100 base cards, 50 Legends, 50 Phenoms and 35 Material Phenom RCs. Each seven-card box will deliver three autograph or memorabilia cards (with at least one autograph guaranteed), one Legend or Phenom and three additional inserts or parallels.
Headlining the insert lineup this year will . . .
- Hog Heaven: A new addition to Limited, Hog Heaven features authentic football swatches that are
- signed in brilliant silver.
- Limited Cuts: History is honored in this classic insert featuring cut signatures from some of the game’s greatest legends.
- Stadium Stars: Paying tribute to the most important part of a player’s equipment, Stadium Stars showcases actual pieces from game-used helmets.
- Tag Team: Two of the league’s best players are joined together on this two-piece memorabilia insert that is paralleled by Laundry Tag or ID Tag versions.
- Inked: This autograph-only insert features the league’s most impressive players from the past and present.
- Game Day Materials: Game-worn, game-dated materials are featured in this prime-only insert.
We’ll have much more on 2012 Limited Football right here on The Knight’s Lance as the product developments. But for now, enjoy this extended first look at the venerable collector favorite.