Panini America Provides Detailed First Look at 2012-13 Gold Standard Basketball
This 362nd day of 2012 is proving to pack quite a golden punch. This morning, we shared the first gilded glimpses of the 2012 Draft Class Redemption cards from 2011-12 Gold Standard Basketball. Now, we’re providing a precious-metal peek at 2012-13 Gold Standard Basketball.
Due out in late April, 2012-13 Gold Standard Basketball (10 cards per box) marks the polished evolution of a brand that has made quite an impact in two short years on the market. Year Three promises even more bells and whistles while also returning some of the set’s calling-card inclusions — most notably the Solid Gold 14kt gold 1/1s, the Bullion Brand memorabilia cards featuring oversized pieces of game-worn jersey tags and the Black Gold Threads oversized memorabilia cards.
Other highlights of 2012-13 Gold Standard Basketball include:
- A break that should deliver four autographs, one memorabilia card and one metal card in every 10-card box
- A base set paralleled by Black and Platinum versions
- Gold Strike Signatures featuring autographs from the NBA’s best rookies and rising young stars
- The Mother Lode autograph insert honoring the biggest superstars in the game
- Autographed Rookie Cards feature the addition of memorabilia swatches for 2012-13
- A 305-card base set featuring 80 autographed memorabilia RCs, five base inserts, three memorabilia inserts and four autograph inserts
- Look for 25 base-set SPs featuring selected stars wearing the jerseys of every team for which they played
We’ll have much more on 2012-13 Gold Standard Basketball right here on The Knight’s Lance in the coming weeks and months. But for now, enjoy this extended first look at the product . . .