Panini America Offers Saturday Sneak Peek of 2012-13 Marquee Basketball (Gallery)
A 2012-13 NBA collecting season highlighted so far by the whiz-bang wizardry of several new printing technologies — the debut of Prizm Basketball, Limited Basketball’s autographed die-cut acetate RCs, the spinning memorabilia cards seen in both Absolute Basketball and Timeless Treasures Basketball – is about to get a whole lot more intriguing thanks to Panini America’s all-new 2012-13 Marquee Basketball.
Wielding such wicked wonders as laser-cutting, black holographic film board, more acetate and the introduction of the wild “Swirlorama” effect, 2012-13 Marquee Basketball promises an entertaining, fun and highly collectible experience.
Each 20-pack box (eight cards per pack) will deliver three autographs and a whopping 35 Rookie Cards from one of five unique rookie subsets — each incorporating vastly different technologies. Featuring a 150-card base set, Marquee is bolstered by five autograph inserts (including a 25-card coaches insert) and five uniquely designed inserts.
Among the highlights:
- The Rookie Signatures insert full of the NBA’s most exciting young playmakers
- The 20-card Stars of the Night insert that incorporates black holographic film board
- 20 dazzling, dizzying Slam Dunk Legends featuring the aforementioned “Swirlorama” substrate
- The 20-card Champions insert printed on the see-through splendor of acetate stock
- The entertainingly designed Election Night Autographs honoring some of basketball’s greatest Hall of Famers
- The laser-cut collectibility of 80 Group III Rookies
- Other inserts such as Rookie Rivals and All-Rookie Team
We’ll have much information on this creative addition to Panini America’s 2012-13 NBA roster right here on The Knight’s Lance as soon as it becomes available. Until then, enjoy this first extended look at 2012-13 Marquee Basketball.
All information is accurate at the time of posting. Content is subject to change. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display.