Panini Peek: 2013 Absolute Football
If Panini America’s 2013 Absolute Football were a house on Halloween, it’d be the one every kid in the neighborhood would consider a must-visit destination: Full of treats, absolutely devoid of tricks and packed with more thrills than even the most engaging haunted house. Given that the revamped rendition of the longtime industry staple is slated to hit hobby shops just one day before Halloween, that analogy seems especially fitting.
Every four-pack hobby box of 2013 Absolute Football will deliver two autographs, two memorabilia cards, two Rookie Cards, two parallels and four of the all-new, one-per-pack Hogg Heaven inserts. But now as always, Absolute’s RC calling cards in 2013 will be Rookie Premiere Materials autographed memorabilia beauties.
The aforementioned treats found in the hit-per-pack heavyweight that is 2013 Absolute Football are plentiful and include:
- A base set that incorporates stunning photography of the league’s hottest stars and veterans, with rare color parallels.
- The product’s popular Rookie Premiere Materials autographed RCs numbered to 299 or less and featuring the 40 players who attended the 2013 NFLPA Rookie Premiere. Rare parallel versions include Prime, Jumbo Prime, AFC/NFC Prime, Jersey Numbers Prime, NFL Shield, Nike Swoosh and Laundry Tag.
- Leather & Lace cards featuring either shoelaces and a player-worn shoe swatch or football laces and and a swatch of football, with each card numbered to 49 or less.
- The addition of the striking Hogg Heaven insert seeded one per pack and featuring current NFL stars and 2013 rookies. Look for limited Boss Hogg versions numbered to 99 and Hogg Wild versions numbered to just 10.
- Plates & Patches returns and incorporates pieces of nameplate and prime swatches taken from the game-worn jerseys of the NFL’s current superstars and retired greats, numbered to 49 or less and including autographed versions.
- The landmark Tools of the Trade insert returns with a whole new locker room of game-worn or game-used memorabilia, including shoes, helmets, facemasks and receiving gloves on cards numbered to 99 or less and including rare autographed versions.
We’ll have plenty more to cover as 2013 Absolute Football gets closer to release right here on The Knight’s Lance. But for now, sit back and enjoy this extended first look:
All information is accurate at the time of posting. Content is subject to change. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display.