Voting Begins for Week 8 Pepsi NEXT NFL Rookie of the Week (Virtual Card Gallery)
Want to know who gets just as excited as Panini America and NFL collectors about NFL Rookie performances each week during the season? Pepsi NEXT with its NFL Rookie of the Week initiative. So it comes as no surprise that once again this season — for the third straight year — Panini America and Pepsi would join forces to help promote Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week voting and Panini America NFL Rookie trading cards.
The payoff for collectors and NFL fans everywhere will be some sweet virtual cards that will be highlighted on the NFL Facebook page each week in a special Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week gallery, as well as across social media platforms and NFL.com. Each week during the 2013 NFL season, Panini America will feature the five Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week Nominees in a different Panini America football card design. (Stay tuned to The Knights Lance, the Panini America Facebook page and the Panini America Twitter account to find out about new Panini America designs and what weeks they will be incorporated into the Pepsi Rookie of the Week promotion.
Now for the fun stuff!
Vote for the NFL Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week each week during the 2013 NFL regular season. Then share the virtual card image of the Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week Nominee you voted for on Twitter. Be sure to use the #PepsiROW hash tag and mention @PaniniAmerica to be eligible to win prizes throughout the season.
We’ll have more details as the season progresses. But for now, here are your Week 8 nominees for Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week:
- Arizona Cardinals running back Andre Ellington rushed for 154 yards and a touchdown in the Cardinals’ 27-13 victory over the Atlanta Falcons.
- New Orleans Saints wide receiver Kenny Stills tallied 129 receiving yards and caught two touchdown passes in the Saints’ 35-17 victory against the Buffalo Bills.
- Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy tallied 94 yards on 29 carries and a touchdown in the Packers’ 44-31 victory over the Minnesota Vikings.
- Oakland Raiders linebacker Sio Moore recorded five tackles and two sacks in the Raiders’ 21-18 defeat of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Minnesota Vikings wide receiver/kick returner Cordarrelle Patterson had 228 kickoff return yards, including a 109-yard kick-return touchdown on the game’s opening kickoff against the Green Bay Packers.