Panini Peek: 2010-11 Panini Gold Standard Basketball (Preview and Card Gallery)
Concerned that your basketball card collection is missing a little bling?
Don’t fret. In late May, Panini America will introduce the premiere edition of Panini Gold Standard Basketball, a gilded gift to high-end hoops collectors packing a distinctively golden aura and a precious few cards including a piece of the solid precious metal.
2010-11 Panini Gold Standard releases May 25 in 12-card packs that carry a suggested retail price of $200. Among those 12 cards will be three autographs, two memorabilia cards and seven additional inserts, all numbered to 299 or less.
“There’s always a certain amount of satisfaction seeing one or more of your ideas take shape and come to fruition, especially when the concept is brand new,” says Panini America NBA Brand Manager Mike Payne. “Every product developer, whatever the field, wants their fingerprints on a new product line. With Gold Standard, feedback — both internal and from other segments of the industry — was a key element in shaping the product and turning it into something that might have a chance at a long shelf life.”
The product’s myriad golden moments include . . .
- Instant-win Golden Tickets good for one of five unique prizes, including a face-to-face meeting with Panini America exclusive spokesman Kobe Bryant.
- Two Autographed Gold Logoman Patches and two Autographed Gold NBA Team Logo patches per case.
- One Gold Rush card — featuring a piece of real 14-karat gold and numbered to 10 or less — per case.
- One dual-autographed card per case from a roster that includes the likes of Kobe Bryant/Kevin Durant, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar/Bill Walton, Magic Johnson/Larry Bird, Bill Russell/Jerry West and Elgin Baylor/Oscar Robertson, among others.
- At least one autograph per case from either Bryant, Durant, Bird, Russell or Magic Johnson.
- A 192-card set (featuring 30 autographed Rookies) augmented by 50 Solid Gold 14-karat Panini 50th Anniversary Gold Cards (each numbered to only one).
Enjoy the following Gold Standard preview gallery and stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for product updates.