And the Nominees Are . . . Voting Begins for the Week 4 Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week
Want to know who gets more excited than Panini America and NFL collectors about NFL Rookie performances each week during the season? Pepsi with its NFL Rookie of the Week initiative. So it comes as no surprise after months of behind-the-scenes work that Panini America and Pepsi would come together to help promote Pepsi Rookie of the Week voting and Panini America NFL Rookie trading cards.
The payoff for collectors and NFL fans everywhere are some pretty sweet virtual cards that will be highlighted on NFL.com each week in a special Pepsi Rookie of the Week gallery, across social media platforms and the NFL.com rookies voting page. Each week Panini will feature the five Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominees in a different Panini football card design – stay tuned to the Knights Lance, our Panini America Facebook page and hobby shops to find out about new Panini designs and what weeks they will be incorporated into Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominees during the NFL regular season.
Now for the fun stuff . . .
Vote for the NFL Pepsi Rookie of the Week each week during the NFL regular season. Then share the image of the Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominee you voted for on your Facebook page. In addition, post the image on the Panini America Facebook page (after you “like” us if you haven’t already) or simply comment with the nominee you voted for. On Twitter, use the hashtag #PepsiROW and mention @PaniniAmerica to Tweet out the card image of the rookie you voted for. For doing those things, you’ll be eligible to win prizes throughout the season. Oh, and there just might be a special payoff at the end of the season.
Now for your Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week nominees for Week 4:
- San Diego Chargers CB Marcus Gilchrist had six tackles, an interception and two passes deflected in his first career start in the Chargers’ 26-16 win over the Miami Dolphins.
- Cincinnati Bengals WR A.J. Green had four catches for 118 yards in the Bengals’ 23-20 victory over the Buffalo Bills.
- Atlanta Falcons WR Julio Jones caught 11 passes for 127 yards in the Falcons’ 30-28 win over the Seattle Seahawks.
- Washington Redskins LB Ryan Kerrigan had six tackles, a sack and a forced fumble in the Redskins’ 17-10 victory over the St. Louis Rams.
- Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton threw for 374 yards, one touchdown and one interception, and rushed for 35 yards and two scores in the Panthers’ 34-29 loss to the Chicago Bears.