And the Nominees Are . . . Voting Begins for the Week 5 Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week
Want to know who gets more excited than Panini America and NFL collectors about NFL Rookie performances each week during the season? Pepsi with its NFL Rookie of the Week initiative. So it comes as no surprise after months of behind-the-scenes work that Panini America and Pepsi would come together to help promote Pepsi Rookie of the Week voting and Panini America NFL Rookie trading cards.
The payoff for collectors and NFL fans everywhere are some pretty sweet virtual cards that will be highlighted on NFL.com each week in a special Pepsi Rookie of the Week gallery, across social media platforms and the NFL.com rookies voting page. Each week Panini will feature the five Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominees in a different Panini football card design – stay tuned to the Knights Lance, our Panini America Facebook page and hobby shops to find out about new Panini designs and what weeks they will be incorporated into Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominees during the NFL regular season.
Now for the fun stuff . . .
Vote for the NFL Pepsi Rookie of the Week each week during the NFL regular season. Then share the image of the Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominee you voted for on your Facebook page. In addition, post the image on the Panini America Facebook page (after you “like” us if you haven’t already) or simply comment with the nominee you voted for. On Twitter, use the hashtag #PepsiROW and mention @PaniniAmerica to Tweet out the card image of the rookie you voted for. For doing those things, you’ll be eligible to win prizes throughout the season. Oh, and there just might be a special payoff at the end of the season.
Now for your Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week nominees for Week 5:
- Seattle’s Doug Baldwin caught eight passes for 136 yards and a touchdown — the go-ahead score — in the Seahawks’ 36-25 win over the New York Giants.
- Cincinnati’s Andy Dalton completed 63.6 percent of his passes for 179 yards, two touchdowns and an interception in the Bengals’ 30-20 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Cincinnati’s A.J. Green hauled in five receptions for 90 yards and a touchdown in the Bengals’ 30-20 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Carolina’s Cam Newton threw for 224 yards, two touchdowns and one interception, and added 27 yards and one touchdown on the ground in the Panthers’ 30-27 loss to the New Orleans Saints.
- San Francisco’s Aldon Smith recorded two sacks in the 49ers’ 48-3 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.