Panini Peek: 2011-12 Titanium Hockey
Through an informal Facebook and Twitter poll Saturday night, we asked Panini America fans what they would rather see today: A behind-the-scenes video and additional images from 2011-12 NBA Hoops packout or a sneak peek of the upcoming 2011-12 Panini Titanium Hockey.
Although voting was close as hoops and hockey fans weighed in feverishly, it appears that additional NBA Hoops coverage will have to wait until Monday. This Sunday will be devoted to exclusive glimpses of the first Titanium Hockey release in seven years.
Titanium as we know it burst onto the hockey scene just after the Y2K scare did, the brainchild of now-defunct Pacific Trading Cards that delivered Rookie Cards limited to the featured players’ jersey numbers. The brand took scarce RCs to an entirely new level and created tremendous buzz every step of the way.
That buzz will return in a big way with the early April release of Panini America’s 2011-12 Titanium Hockey, a re-imagined remake of a hobby classic that delivers an autograph or memorabilia card in every four-card pack and one scarce RC limited to the featured player’s sweater number in every case. So Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, for example, will have a Rookie Card limited to a maximum of just 93 copies.
Titanium packs carry a $20 SRP and will be packaged five to a box, with each case delivering two eight-box mini cases.
To be sure, the product highlights are many and include:
- Home Sweaters Autographs featuring signatures and a pair of game-worn jersey swatches
- Hat Tricks memorabilia cards injected with three pieces of game-worn memorabilia
- Four Star and Six Star memorabilia cards featuring either four or six pieces of game-worn memorabilia
- Quad Memorabilia Autos including superstar signatures and four pieces of game-worn or game-used memorabilia
- Game-Worn Gear Patches injected with some of the thickest, sickest patches of the season
Enjoy this exclusive sneak peek at the product and stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for additional information on the product as the April 4 release date approaches.