Panini Peek: 2012-13 Titanium Hockey
The long-awaited return of the fabled Titanium brand to the hockey-card landscape last season made for one of the biggest pleasant surprises of 2011-12. Panini America’s decision not just to bring the product back after so many years away — but to also remain loyal to Titanium’s proud past — clearly resonated with passionate hockey collectors.
Here’s betting the highly anticipated follow-up will, too.
According to the current release calendar, 2012-13 Titanium Hockey is slated to arrive in late January packing one memorabilia or autograph card in every pack, at least one autograph in every five-pack box and one Rookie Card numbered to the featured player’s jersey number in every case.
To be sure, 2012-13 Titanium’s highlights are plentiful and include . . .
- A 100-card base set with the possibility of up to 100 Rookies (with at least 50 hobby-exclusive rookies)
- A hobby-exclusive base design and several hobby-only insert sets
- A stacked insert lineup featuring Rookie Six Star Memorabilia cards embedded with six different types of memorabilia, Four Star Memorabilia, Milestone Goal Die-Cuts, Game Worn Gear, Scorers and Metallic Marks Autographs.
- Hobby-exclusive Ruby and Gold parallels honoring veteran stars on cards numbered to players’ jersey numbers and draft positions
- Hobby Gold Rookies RCs — the most limited in the industry — numbered to the featured player’s jersey number with hobby-exclusive Gold Draft parallels
- The all-new Milestone Goal Scorer Die-Cut jersey cards
We’ll have much more on 2012-13 Titanium Hockey right here on The Knight’s Lance in the coming weeks. Until then, enjoy this revealing first look at the product.