Voting Starts for the 2012 Week 6 Pepsi Max NFL Rookie of the Week (Must-See Gallery)
Want to know who gets more excited than Panini America and NFL collectors about NFL Rookie performances each week during the season? Pepsi Max with its NFL Rookie of the Week initiative. So it comes as no surprise that once again this season — for the second straight year — Panini America and Pepsi would join forces to help promote Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week voting and Panini America NFL Rookie trading cards.
The payoff for collectors and NFL fans everywhere will be some sweet virtual cards that will be highlighted on the NFL Facebook page each week in a special Pepsi Rookie of the Week gallery, across social media platforms and NFL.com. Each week during the 2012 NFL season, Panini America will feature the five Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week Nominees in a different Panini America football card design. (Stay tuned to The Knights Lance, the Panini America Facebook page and the Panini America Twitter account to find out about new Panini America designs and what weeks they will be incorporated into the Pepsi Rookie of the Week promotion.
Now for the fun stuff!
Vote for the NFL Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week each week during the NFL regular season. Then share the image of the Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominee you voted for on your Facebook page, on the Panini America Facebook page and on Twitter. Be sure to use the #PepsiROW hashtag and mention @PaniniAmerica to be eligible to win prizes throughout the season.
We’ll have more details as the season progresses. But for now, here are your Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week Week 6 Nominees:
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers S Mark Barron led the team with eight tackles, including two for a loss, and recorded his first career interception in the Buccaneers’ 38-10 win over the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon had three receptions for 99 yards, including a 71-yard touchdown, in the Browns’ 34-24 victory against the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Washington Redskins QB Robert Griffin III completed 17-of-22 passes for 182 yards and one touchdown and rushed for 138 yards and two scores to help push the Redskins past the Minnesota Vikings, 38-26.
- Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill completed 21-of-29 passes for 185 yards and two touchdowns in helping lead the Dolphins to a victory over the St. Louis Rams, 17-14.
- Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson completed 16-of-27 passes for 293 yards and three touchdowns in the Seahawks’ 24-23 victory over the New England Patriots.