Panini Peek: 2012-13 Limited Hockey
When a locked-and-loaded 2012-13 Limited Hockey releases to the hobby (tentatively in late December), it will do so packing three autograph or memorabilia cards in every seven-card box (at least one autograph guaranteed) and a bevy of new collectible twists sure to be embraced by hardcore hockey fans.
Living up to its name, every base card in Limited Hockey will be numbered to 299, with captains numbered to just 99. But the real beauty of this season’s release can be found in a stacked insert lineup that features, among other niceties, Net Crashers cards embedded with pieces of net used during the 2011-12 Molson Canadian NHL All-Star Skills Competition, Jumbo Shield 1/1s and Limited Duels acetate die-cuts.
2012-13 Limited Hockey includes a 150-card base set, a 30-card Captains subset, a 20-card Retired Captains subset and 40 Phenoms autographed Rookie Cards.
Some additional highlights . . .
- When pieced together, the unique Limited Duels acetate die-cuts reveal some of the NHL’s biggest rivals
- Brand logo 1/1s punctuate the rare Manufacturer’s Mark insert
- Look for game worn Jumbo and Freshman Jumbo memorabilia inserts featuring jerseys, patches and 1 of 1 NHL Logos.
- Every pack will contain one rookie, star or legend autograph numbered to 299 or less, with rare 1/1 versions possible.
- Find Stanley Cup Signature and all new Trophy Winner Signature cards numbered to 99 or less.
- Also look for Monikers autographed embroidered patches, Back to the Future Autographs, Net Assets dual jersey and net cards, Bash the Boards acetate die-cuts and more.
Stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for additional details as they become available. But until then, check out this extended first look at 2012-13 Limited Hockey: