Voting Starts for the 2012 Week 9 Pepsi Max NFL Rookie of the Week (Must-See Gallery)
Want to know who gets more excited than Panini America and NFL collectors about NFL Rookie performances each week during the season? Pepsi Max with its NFL Rookie of the Week initiative. So it comes as no surprise that once again this season — for the second straight year — Panini America and Pepsi would join forces to help promote Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week voting and Panini America NFL Rookie trading cards.
The payoff for collectors and NFL fans everywhere will be some sweet virtual cards that will be highlighted on the NFL Facebook page each week in a special Pepsi Rookie of the Week gallery, across social media platforms and NFL.com. Each week during the 2012 NFL season, Panini America will feature the five Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week Nominees in a different Panini America football card design. (Stay tuned to The Knights Lance, the Panini America Facebook page and the Panini America Twitter account to find out about new Panini America designs and what weeks they will be incorporated into the Pepsi Rookie of the Week promotion.
Now for the fun stuff!
Vote for the NFL Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week each week during the NFL regular season. Then share the image of the Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominee you voted for on your Facebook page, on the Panini America Facebook page and on Twitter. Be sure to use the #PepsiROW hashtag and mention @PaniniAmerica to be eligible to win prizes throughout the season.
We’ll have more details as the season progresses. But for now, here are your Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week Week 9 Nominees:
- Indianapolis Colts WR T.Y. Hilton caught six passes for 102 yards and one touchdown in the Colts’ 23-20 victory over the Miami Dolphins.
- Indianapolis Colts QB and Panini Authentic exclusive Andrew Luck completed 30-of-48 passes for 433 yards and two touchdowns in the Colts’ 23-20 win over the Miami Dolphins. Luck’s 433 yards set the record for single-game passing yardage by a rookie.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Doug Martin gained 251 yards on 25 carries and scored four touchdowns in the Buccaneers’ 42-32 victory over the Oakland Raiders.
- Cleveland Browns RB Trent Richardson rushed for 105 yards on 25 carries in the Browns’ 25-15 loss to the Baltimore Ravens.
- Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson completed 16-of-24 passes for 173 yards and three touchdowns as the Seahawks beat the Minnesota Vikings, 30-20.