Voting Begins for 2012 Week 10 Pepsi Max NFL Rookie of the Week (Gallery)
Want to know who gets more excited than Panini America and NFL collectors about NFL Rookie performances each week during the season? Pepsi Max with its NFL Rookie of the Week initiative. So it comes as no surprise that once again this season — for the second straight year — Panini America and Pepsi would join forces to help promote Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week voting and Panini America NFL Rookie trading cards.
The payoff for collectors and NFL fans everywhere will be some sweet virtual cards that will be highlighted on the NFL Facebook page each week in a special Pepsi Rookie of the Week gallery, across social media platforms and NFL.com. Each week during the 2012 NFL season, Panini America will feature the five Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week Nominees in a different Panini America football card design. (Stay tuned to The Knights Lance, the Panini America Facebook page and the Panini America Twitter account to find out about new Panini America designs and what weeks they will be incorporated into the Pepsi Rookie of the Week promotion.
Now for the fun stuff!
Vote for the NFL Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week each week during the NFL regular season. Then share the image of the Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominee you voted for on your Facebook page, on the Panini America Facebook page and on Twitter. Be sure to use the #PepsiROW hashtag and mention @PaniniAmerica to be eligible to win prizes throughout the season.
We’ll have more details as the season progresses. But for now, here are your Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week Week 10 Nominees:
- St. Louis Rams P Johnny Hekker was successful on two fake punts, one of which converted a fourth-and-8 on a late fourth-quarter drive that put the Rams ahead. He also had four punts in the game, downing one inside the opponent’s 20 yard line. The game ended in a tie to the San Francisco 49ers, 24-24.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers CB Leonard Johnson intercepted a pass for the third consecutive game and returned it 83 yards for a touchdown in the Buccaneers’ 34-24 win over the San Diego Chargers. Johnson added five tackles on defense, including one for a loss, and one special teams tackle.
- Indianapolis Colts QB Andrew Luck completed 18-of-26 passes for 227 yards and added two touchdowns on the ground in the Colts’ 27-10 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson completed 12-of-19 passes for 188 yards and two touchdowns in the Seahawks’ 28-7 victory over the New York Jets.
- Minnesota Vikings WR Jarius Wright caught three passes for 65 yards and scored one touchdown in the Vikings’ 34-24 victory over the Detroit Lions.