Voting Begins for 2012 Week 16 Pepsi Max NFL Rookie of the Week (Gallery)
Want to know who gets just as excited as Panini America and NFL collectors about NFL Rookie performances each week during the season? Pepsi Max with its NFL Rookie of the Week initiative. So it comes as no surprise that once again this season — for the second straight year — Panini America and Pepsi would join forces to help promote Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week voting and Panini America NFL Rookie trading cards.
The payoff for collectors and NFL fans everywhere will be some sweet virtual cards that will be highlighted on the NFL Facebook page each week in a special Pepsi Rookie of the Week gallery, across social media platforms and NFL.com. Each week during the 2012 NFL season, Panini America will feature the five Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week Nominees in a different Panini America football card design. (Stay tuned to The Knights Lance, the Panini America Facebook page and the Panini America Twitter account to find out about new Panini America designs and what weeks they will be incorporated into the Pepsi Rookie of the Week promotion.
Now for the fun stuff!
Vote for the NFL Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week each week during the NFL regular season. Then share the image of the Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominee you voted for on your Facebook page, on the Panini America Facebook page and on Twitter. Be sure to use the #PepsiROW hashtag and mention @PaniniAmerica to be eligible to win prizes throughout the season.
We’ll have more details as the season progresses. But for now, here are your Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week Week 16 Nominees:
- Washington Redskins QB Robert Griffin III completed 16-of-24 passes for 198 yards and two touchdowns in the Redskins’ 27-20 defeat of the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Carolina Panthers LB Luke Kuechly recorded 13 total tackles, nine solo tackles and one interception in the Panthers 17-6 win over the Oakland Raiders.
- Indianapolis Colts QB and Panini Authentic exclusive Andrew Luck completed 17-of-35 passes for 205 yards and one touchdown in the Colts’ 20-13 defeat of the Kansas City Chiefs. In the game, Luck broke the record for most passing yards in a single season by a rookie quarterback in NFL history.
- Minnesota Vikings S Harrison Smith led the team with seven total tackles while adding one sack, one pass defensed and one forced fumble in the Vikings 23-6 victory over the Houston Texans.
- Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson completed 15-of-21 passes for 171 yards and four touchdowns in his team’s 42-13 win over the San Francisco 49ers.