Wanted: A Knight’s Lance Junior Reporter to Cover Super Bowl XLVII Media Day
We here at Panini America began a new tradition last season by obtaining a credential for The Knight’s Lance to cover the insanity that is Super Bowl Media Day. We got our feet wet at Super Bowl XLVI. This year in New Orleans, we’re diving all the way in.
But we can’t do it alone. We’re looking for one adventurous collector (13 or younger) to be our Knight’s Lance Junior Reporter. We want you to ride shotgun with us on the field of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, interviewing and interacting with as many NFL players as possible.
We’ll record the proceedings on video to air right here on The Knight’s Lance during Super Bowl week, and we’ll be looking for you to file a post or two on your experiences. So, what are the criteria for being considered a Knight’s Lance Junior Reporter? It’s pretty simple, really. As mentioned earlier, you need be 13 years old or younger. Aside from that, you need to . . .
- First and foremost, get your parents’ permission
- Be a Panini America football card collector
- Live in the New Orleans area or otherwise be able to meet Panini America officials at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome the morning of Super Bowl XLVII Media Day (Tuesday, January 29, 2013)
- Tell us, in 300 words or less, what’s the favorite Panini America football card in your collection AND why you would make the perfect Knight’s Lance Junior Reporter
- Send us a list of the 20 questions you’d most like to ask players on Media Day
That’s about it. If you’re parents are cool with you participating, send us an email with your name, your age and your hometown, along with your 300-words-or-less report and your list of questions. (If you happen to be YouTube savvy, feel free to put these things in a video and send us a link and we’ll check out your entry that way.)
Send all entries to email@example.com with the subject line “Knight’s Lance Junior Reporter” by Monday, January 21, 2013. We’ll go through them and pick one winner to be our Knight’s Lance Junior Reporter during Super Bowl XLVII Media Day. How cool is that?
Good luck. We look forward to your entries. Oh, and if you want to check out the videos we produced last year, check this out.