Voting Begins for 2013 Week 2 Pepsi NEXT NFL Rookie of the Week (Gallery)
Want to know who gets more excited than Panini America and NFL collectors about NFL Rookie performances each week during the season? Pepsi NEXT with its NFL Rookie of the Week initiative. So it comes as no surprise that once again this season — for the third straight year — Panini America and Pepsi would join forces to help promote Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week voting and Panini America NFL Rookie trading cards.
The payoff for collectors and NFL fans everywhere will be some sweet virtual cards that will be highlighted on the NFL Facebook page each week in a special Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week gallery, as well as across social media platforms and NFL.com. Each week during the 2013 NFL season, Panini America will feature the five Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week Nominees in a different Panini America football card design. (Stay tuned to The Knights Lance, the Panini America Facebook page and the Panini America Twitter account to find out about new Panini America designs and what weeks they will be incorporated into the Pepsi Rookie of the Week promotion.
Now for the fun stuff!
Vote for the NFL Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week each week during the 2013 NFL regular season. Then share the virtual card image of the Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week Nominee you voted for on Twitter. Be sure to use the #PepsiROW hash tag and mention @PaniniAmerica to be eligible to win prizes throughout the season.
We’ll have more details as the season progresses. But for now, here are your Week 2 nominees for Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week:
- Minnesota Vikings WR Cordarrelle Patterson returned three kickoffs for 149 yards, including a 105-yard touchdown against the Chicago Bears.
- St. Louis Rams wide receiver Tavon Austin had six catches for 47 yards and two touchdowns against the Atlanta Falcons.
- Buffalo Bills quarterback E.J. Manuel passed for 296 yards and added a touchdown in the Bills’ 24-23 comeback victory over the Carolina Panthers.
- Houston Texans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins tallied seven receptions for 117 yards and a touchdown in the Texans’ 30-24 victory over the Tennessee Titans.
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu recorded six tackles including one for a loss and also added a pass defensed. His final tackle sealed Arizona’s four-point victory over the Detroit Lions.