Panini Peek: 2013 Select Football
The last time football collectors had the opportunity to chase a bona fide, honest-to-goodness, standalone Select product (one that wasn’t an upscale version of the Score brand), Marvin Harrison, Keyshawn Johnson and Eddie George were rookies. That was 1996, long before Panini America unveiled the popular Prizm technology and long before Select made a triumphant return to the hobby in basketball last season.
Bolstered by those two table-setters, Panini America is ready to boldly reintroduce Select to the gridiron. Releasing in mid December, 2013 Select Football will deliver Prizm-based technology throughout and four autographs, four Prizms, six inserts, four Rookie Cards and two retired Legends in every 14-pack master box.
Each box of 2013 Select Football will include two seven-pack mini boxes (six cards per pack) and the product will introduce new inserts such as Select Signatures, Select In Motion, Hot and White Hot Veterans and Select Stripes.
Other highlights of the product include:
- Autographed Memorabilia Rookie Cards featuring the 40 players who attended the 2013 NFLPA Rookie Premiere, with Prizm, Gold and Black parallels.
- Rookie Autographs combine signatures from some of the best players from the 2013 NFL Draft Class with Panini America’s innovative Black Prizm technology.
- Find autographs of the top veterans in Select Signatures, featuring Prizm, Gold and Black parallels.
- Select Stripes features an autograph and a piece of game-worn memorabilia from the NFL’s brightest stars; includes a Prizm Gold parallel.
- Featuring players that share the same jersey number, Select Greatest pairs some of football’s all-time greatest with their present-day counterparts.
We’ll have much more on 2013 Select Football right here on The Knight’s Lance in the coming weeks. Until then, enjoy this extended sneak peek of the product . . .
All information is accurate at the time of posting. Content is subject to change. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display.