Panini America Provides Detailed First Look at 2013-14 Gold Standard Basketball
With phenomenal rookie performers like Michael Carter-Williams and Victor Oladipo providing the early-season polish on a sparkling 2013-14 NBA season so far, the golden glow promises to intensify considerably in February with the release of Panini America’s 2013-14 Gold Standard Basketball. The fourth standalone installment of Gold Standard is set to unearth the necessary nuggets that have made the brand one of basketball’s most coveted products every year since its release.
Featuring a 275-card base set and the return of popular base-set uniform variations, 2013-14 Gold Standard Basketball is bolstered by eight autograph inserts, three memorabilia inserts, 90 Metal cards and 50 Sold Gold 14-karat gold cards. Each 10-card hobby box will deliver four autographs, one memorabilia card and stacked checklist of golden autograph and memorabilia opportunities.
The highlights of 2013-14 Gold Standard Basketball are many and include . . .
- Bullion Brand Logos, perhaps the most-prized memorabilia chase in Gold Standard, returns with super-prime memorabilia from the league’s top players, numbered to two or less.
- Relive the NBA’s finest Finals performances with Finals MVPs insert numbered to 20 or less.
- The spectacular Ring Bearers insert features autographs of the NBA’s top champions on cards numbered to 99 or less.
- Rookie autographs from the top players selected in the 2013 NBA Draft, including Michael Carter-Williams and Victor Oladipo.
- 25 short-printed, base-set variations featuring players wearing the jerseys of every team they’ve played for.
- Four brand new autograph inserts all numbered to 199 or less.
- Huge prime-memorabilia swatches incorporated into the Black Gold Threads and popular Bullion Brand inserts.
We’ll have much more to reveal regarding 2013-14 Gold Standard Basketball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But until then, enjoy your first extended sneak peek:
All information is accurate at the time of posting. Content is subject to change. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display.