Panini Peek: 2013-14 Playbook Hockey
Ask most hockey collectors in North America about the envelope-pushing exploits of Panini America’s booklet card offerings over the last few years and they’ll likely tell you that the bar continues to be raised in terms of content, design and jaw-dropping awe. In late March, that trend is sure to continue when Panini America’s NHL team takes a page from the playbook of its NFL brethren, literally, to publish the premiere edition of 2013-14 Playbook Hockey.
One of the company’s most unique and popular football products is crossing over to the ice in late March and will deliver one autograph or memorabilia booklet card, one autograph or memorabilia card and one one base card in every three-card pack. Headlining Playbook Hockey’s checklist of best-selling booklets are such inserts as Rookie Booklets, Double Rookie Class Booklets, Signature Booklets and the stunning Split Decisions Booklets.
This debut product’s highlights are many and include . . .
Playbook Rookie Booklets feature autograph jersey booklet cards numbered to 199, with Prime versions numbered to 25 and Patch versions numbered to five.
- Double Rookie Class Booklets pair up the best of the 2013-14 NHL Dual-Rookie Class, with Jersey, Prime and Patch variations.
- Signature Booklets showcase the autographs and memorabilia of the league’s top players.
- Every pack contains an additional autograph or memorabilia card, including First Drafts Signatures
- that features the game’s top player as they appeared on Draft Day.
- Split Decisions Booklets showcase oversized memorabilia with the league’s most agile netminders.
- The 2013-14 Playbook base set includes 100 cards along with Gold (numbered to 50), Holo Silver (numbered to 25) and Purple (1/1) parallels.
We’ll have plenty more on the inaugural edition of 2013-14 Playbook Hockey right here on The Knight’s Lance in the coming weeks. But for now, enjoy this first extended sneak peek: