And the Nominees Are . . . Voting Begins for the Week 7 Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week
Want to know who gets more excited than Panini America and NFL collectors about NFL Rookie performances each week during the season? Pepsi with its NFL Rookie of the Week initiative. So it comes as no surprise after months of behind-the-scenes work that Panini America and Pepsi would come together to help promote Pepsi Rookie of the Week voting and Panini America NFL Rookie trading cards.
The payoff for collectors and NFL fans everywhere are some pretty sweet virtual cards that will be highlighted on NFL.com each week in a special Pepsi Rookie of the Week gallery, across social media platforms and the NFL.com rookies voting page. Each week Panini will feature the five Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominees in a different Panini football card design – stay tuned to the Knights Lance, our Panini America Facebook page and hobby shops to find out about new Panini designs and what weeks they will be incorporated into Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominees during the NFL regular season.
Now for the fun stuff . . .
Vote for the NFL Pepsi Rookie of the Week each week during the NFL regular season. Then share the image of the Pepsi Rookie of the Week Nominee you voted for on your Facebook page. In addition, post the image on the Panini America Facebook page (after you “like” us if you haven’t already) or simply comment with the nominee you voted for. On Twitter, use the hashtag #PepsiROW and mention @PaniniAmerica to Tweet out the card image of the rookie you voted for. For doing those things, you’ll be eligible to win prizes throughout the season. Oh, and there just might be a special payoff at the end of the season.
Now for your Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week nominees for Week 7:
- New Orleans Saints running back Mark Ingram carried 14 times for 91 yards and added one reception for six yards in the Saints’ 62-7 victory over the Indianapolis Colts.
- Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller had five tackles — two for a loss — and one sack in the Broncos’ 18-15 overtime victory over the Miami Dolphins.
- Dallas Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray ran 25 times for 253 yards and one touchdown in the Cowboys’ 34-7 win over the St. Louis Rams. His total yardage broke the franchise single-game rushing record, and his 10.1 yards-per-carry were the highest of any back with over 10 carries on the weekend.
- Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton converted 78.3 percent of his pass attempts for 256 yards and a touchdown in the Panthers’ 33-20 victory over the Washington Redskins. Newton also carried 10 times for 59 yards and one touchdown.
- Minnesota Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder, making his first career start, completed 13 of 32 passes for 219 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions in the Vikings’ 33-27 loss to the Green Bay Packers. Ponder also added 31 yards on four carries on the ground.