Panini America Offers Detailed First Look at 2013 The Beach Boys (Must-See Gallery)
Later this month, one of the most influential, innovative and successful music groups in the history of recorded sound will finally have trading-card confirmation of its greatness to go along with the worldwide acclaim and seemingly countless Billboard milestones its spent more than 50 years accumulating. The Beach Boys are getting a set of trading cards to call their own.
Due out October 30, Panini America’s 2013 The Beach Boys provides the definitive trading-card tribute to the rich history of one of America’s most legendary bands and includes autographs of the founding members, concert-worn memorabilia cards of all five band members, commemorative guitar pick cards and so much more.
Easily one of the most unique trading-card products of the year, each box of Panini America’s 2013 The Beach Boys will deliver two Concert Gear memorabilia cards and a whole host of inserts that includes three Sounds of Summer, four Honors, three In Their Own Words, six Top 10 Hits, two On The Record, two Etchings, one die-cut Gold Albums and 24 specially stamped parallel cards.
Additional set highlights include . . .
- Autographs from the founding members of The Beach Boys, including legendary songwriter Brian Wilson, numbered to 70 or less.
- Two hobby-exclusive Concert Gear concert-worn memorabilia cards per 24-pack box, featuring a checklist that includes Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, David Marks and Bruce Johnston.
- One parallel card in every pack.
- Artist’s Proof cards numbered to 99 and special one-of-one Printing Plates.
- The attractive Gold Albums insert features 23 die-cut cards honoring each of The Beach Boys’ Gold Albums.
- The 14-card In Their Own Words insert features comments from the seven key members of the band, including the late Dennis Wilson and Carl Wilson.
We’ll have plenty more on The Beach Boys release in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance, But for now, enjoy this extended first look at the unique product: