Voting Begins for Week 17 Pepsi NEXT NFL Rookie of the Week (Virtual Card Gallery)
Want to know who gets just as excited as Panini America and NFL collectors about NFL Rookie performances each week during the season? Pepsi NEXT with its NFL Rookie of the Week initiative. So it comes as no surprise that once again this season — for the third straight year — Panini America and Pepsi would join forces to help promote Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week voting and Panini America NFL Rookie trading cards.
The payoff for collectors and NFL fans everywhere will be some sweet virtual cards that will be highlighted on the NFL Facebook page each week in a special Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week gallery, as well as across social media platforms and NFL.com. Each week during the 2013 NFL season, Panini America will feature the five Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week Nominees in a different Panini America football card design. (Stay tuned to The Knights Lance, the Panini America Facebook page and the Panini America Twitter account to find out about new Panini America designs and what weeks they will be incorporated into the Pepsi Rookie of the Week promotion.
Now for the fun stuff!
Vote for the NFL Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week each week during the 2013 NFL regular season. Then share the virtual card image of the Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week Nominee you voted for on Twitter. Be sure to mention @PaniniAmerica to be eligible to win prizes throughout the season.
We’ll have more details as the season progresses. But for now, here are your Week 17 nominees for Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week:
- Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell rushed 20 times for 90 yards and a touchdown in the Steelers’ 20-7 victory over the Cleveland Browns.
- Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson scored touchdowns on a 50-yard run and an 8-yard reception in the Vikings’ 14-13 victory over the Detroit Lions.
- New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith passed for 190 yards and added 44 yards rushing and a touchdown in the Jets’ 20-7 victory against the Miami Dolphins.
- New Orleans Saints wide receiver Kenny Stills had 76 receiving yards and a touchdown in the Saints’ 42-17 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- San Diego Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen had five receptions for 89 yards in the Chargers’ 27-24 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs.