Panini America Provides Detailed First Look at 2012 National Treasures Baseball (Wow!)
It’s been almost a month since legendary Atlanta Braves slugger Dale Murphy broke the news that Panini America would be producing — for the first time ever — a National Treasures-branded baseball product. And the passage of time has allowed folks inside Panini America HQ the opportunity to finalize the history-making details behind a product that releases February 13 and will deliver eight autograph or memorabilia cards per pack, including at least one on-card autograph and one booklet card.
A product that has been 12 years in the making, 2012 National Treasures Baseball features an unrivaled checklist that includes 77 of the 100 members named to baseball’s All-Century Team, 25 of the Top 40 Greatest Players of All Time, 11 Triple Crown hitters, eight .400 hitters and the first-ever memorabilia cards of such legends as Wee Willie Keeler, Jake Daubert, Goose Goslin, Pete Reiser, Dave Bancroft, Heine Groh, Willie Kamm and Billy Southworth.
Among the set’s myriad highlights . . .
- Triple Crown Winners: Memorabilia cards honoring Triple Crown champions from 1901 through 2012 — including Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig, Walter Johnson, Jimmie Foxx and more — numbered to 99 or less.
- Buttons: Unique memorabilia cards incorporating buttons from jerseys worn by the likes of Satchel Paige, Rogers Hornsby, Joe DiMaggio, Jackie Robinson and more numbered to eight or less.
- Bat Knobs: 1/1 masterpieces featuring oversized bat knobs cut from game-used bats wielded by such legends as Honus Wagner, Roberto Clemente, Ted Williams and more.
- Legends Booklets: Fantastic booklet cards featuring a cut signature on one side and an oversized piece of memorabilia on the other, these museum-quality tributes honor the likes of Jim Thorpe, Dizzy Dean, Hack Wilson and so many more on cards numbered to 25 or less.
- Legends Booklets I.D. Tags: The player I.D. tags from game-worn jerseys give the Legends Booklets a rare 1/1 version, featuring Jackie Robinson, Nolan Ryan, Reggie Jackson, Carlton Fisk and more.
- Hall of Fame Logo and Membership Signatures: On-card autographs from the greatest baseball players in history.
- Jumbo Die-Cut Prime Signatures: A stacked checklist of baseball’s greatest legends and biggest current superstars highlight this insert that includes an oversized piece of prime, game-worn memorabilia and an on-card autograph.
- Rated Rookie Signature Materials Gold: On-card signed, jumbo-memorabilia Rookie Cards featuring young superstars such as Matt Moore, Will Middlebrooks, Brett Lawrie and more numbered to 25.
- Rookie of the Year Jumbo Prime Materials Gold: This tribute to Rookie of the Year Mike Trout includes a huge swatch of game-worn memorabilia and an on-card autograph and is limited to just 25 copies.
- Rated Rookie Prime Materials Gold: Jumbo-material Rookie Cards honoring such young superstars as Yu Darvish and Bryce Harper numbered to 25.
We’ll have tons more to share on the exciting debut of 2012 National Treasures Baseball in the coming days and weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. After you’ve checked out the extended preview gallery below, stick around for the 2012 National Treasures Baseball PIS sheet, which we’ve included as a PDF attachment.
Here’s the PIS sheet: 12_Natl_Treasures_BB_PIS